Cauliflower – 20 florets
Salt – 2 tsp
Ginger, Chopped – 1 tbsp
Garlic, Chopped – 1 tbsp
Scallions, Chopped – 1 tbsp
Vegetable Oil – 4 cups
My Sauce Lab Schezwan – ½ cup
All Purpose Flour – ¾ cup
Cornstarch – ¼ cup
Water – ½ cup
1. In a mixing bowl, prepare batter by mixing the flour, corn starch, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and water. Use a whisk to mix well and ensure there are no lumps.
2. Add the cauliflower florets in the bowl and coat the florets completely in the batter.
3. Add a little less than 4 cups of oil in a frying pan and bring to a boiling temperature. Slowly add one floret at a time and fry until golden brown. Alternatively, you can bake the florets too.
4. Drain the excess oil off the cauliflower over a paper towel and let it sit.
5. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil and sauté the remaining ginger and garlic on a high flame.
6. Add the My Sauce Lab Schezwan sauce and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add the fried cauliflower to the skillet and toss it until the sauce covers the cauliflower. Add salt to taste.
8. Garnish it with chopped scallions.
9. Serve with rice or simply eat them as is!